Head of Maintenance - Many Locations
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Industrial Timber is North America’s largest, leading innovator and producer of furniture infrastructure, with plants throughout the Southeast U.S. IT works with top furniture manufacturers to supply the best designed, most efficient frames available and we are growing fast. We are looking for a Head of Maintenance to ensure proper operation of all machinery in the scope of Industrial Timber’s operations at the designated facility. This position is also responsible for procuring new equipment, along with training and advising on the operating new equipment.
This position ensures proper operation of all machinery in the scope of Industrial Timber’s operations at designated facility. This position is also responsible for procuring new equipment, along with training and advising on the operating new equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be available to respond to extended hours in plant downtime situations
- Ensure functionality of entire work zone, including equipment and facilities used by Industrial Timber in the immediate surrounding area of the plant
- Perform maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of electric, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment
- Educate and train PM Specialists for equipment at the facility
- Document and prepare reports as maintenance is performed
- Assess new equipment requirements and create plans to procure vendors to meet those needs with respect to cost, problem resolution, and project status
- Assemble and document operational procedures for new equipment
- Train Production Lead personnel on proper operation of new equipment
- Help ensure skill development for new operators on the facility’s equipment
- Provide timely responses to maintenance requests
- Support Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma concepts
- Evaluate new equipment proposals and make recommendations on the proposals, particularly with regard to the facility’s site production
- Approve or deny proposals within scope of authority, obtaining approval as needed
- Work with vendors to resolve invoice cost problems
- Maintain appropriate inventory of parts for equipment
- Maintain “housekeeping” standards in accord with facility guidelines
- Follow OSHA and company safety procedures
- Complete assignments and special projects as needed
- Provide backup and assistance to on site PM specialists
- Work with plant supervisors on daily priorities of maintenance needs
This position reports to the Plant Manager and oversees 1-3 employees at this facility. Interaction is had with all levels of management, both internal and external to the company.
May require the following actions:
Stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear, smell, lift or move objects.
May require the following sight capabilities:
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- Distance Vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
- Peripheral Vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left or right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
- Ability to Adjust Focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
- Depth Perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
Work is conducted in factory environment, in the surrounding vicinity of the factory, and in an office.
- 3-5 years of maintenance level experience in an industrial manufacturing environment and proven capability to work with little supervision.
- Language: Intermediate Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Mathematical: Basic Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Critical Reasoning: Intermediate Skills - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook; ability to learn maintenance management software; working knowledge of the Internet
- Technical Skills: Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems, read schematics, and have knowledge of plant electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic operations.
WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Experience or education must have produced a technical understanding of the furniture manufacturing process.
- HS Diploma/GED
- Headquarters / R&D Center - Charlotte, NC
- Taylorsville Plant - Hiddenite, NC
- Ripley Plant - Ripley, MS
- Shannon Plant - Shannon, MS
- Saltillo Plant - Saltillo, MS
- Mantachie Plant - Mantachie, MS