Lead Puller - Many Locations
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Industrial Timber is North America’s largest, leading innovator and producer of furniture infrastructure, with plants throughout the Southeast U.S. IT works with top furniture manufacturers to supply the best designed, most efficient frames available and we are growing fast. We are looking for a Lead Puller to oversee the Puller position.
This position is responsible for overseeing the Puller position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule needed work hours to accomplish order completion with the Plant Manager
- Pull correct lumber pieces for each buggy by reading ticket
- Check quality of lumber being put in buggy for length and width
- Fix load parts by using band saw
- Clip nails by using the codes on the ticket
- Wrap buggy with the shrink-wrap
- Load buggy onto the truck
- Train employees in the correct method to pull buggies and how to read tickets
- Train employees in proper safety methods
- Report schedule and order status
- Perform any other task as assigned by the supervisor or plant manager
This position reports to the Plant Manager and oversees the Puller positions.
May require the following actions:
Stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear.
May require the following sight capabilities:
- Ability to Adjust Focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
- Depth Perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
Work is conducted in factory environment, in the surrounding vicinity of the factory, and in an office.
- No experience necessary
- Language: Basic Skills - Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present in one-on-one and small group situations, to customers, clients, and other employees of this organization.
- Mathematical: Minimum Skills - Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume, and distance.
- Critical Reasoning: Basic Skills - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables in standardized situations.
WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF:
- No degree required
- Headquarters / R&D Center - Charlotte, NC
- Taylorsville Plant - Hiddenite, NC
- Ripley Plant - Ripley, MS
- Shannon Plant - Shannon, MS
- Saltillo Plant - Saltillo, MS
- Mantachie Plant - Mantachie, MS