Lead Router - Many Locations
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Industrial Timber is North America’s largest, leading innovator and producer of furniture infrastructure, with plants throughout the Southeast U.S. IT works with top furniture manufacturers to supply the best designed, most efficient frames available and we are growing fast. We are looking for a Lead Router to oversee production and employees on the Router machine.
This position is responsible for overseeing production and employees on the Router machine.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain working knowledge of operation and set up of Router
- Keep routers on schedule
- Ensure programs books are used properly
- Ensure buggies are properly loaded
- Parts are kept test fit and hung on buggy
- Ensure preventive maintenance are performed on machines
- Check quality of parts
- Keep buggies clean
- Ensure clean up is performed
- Train as needed
- Oversee “rush” orders as needed and report to plant manager when cut and pulled
- Contact R&D manager with any bad nest, including movement or cutting parts off at the edges
- Organize and deliver production sheets
- Train operators in safe procedures and productive operations
- Any other task as assigned by the supervisor or plant manager
This position reports to Plant Manager and oversees Router Assistant, Router Floater, and Router Operator.
May require the following actions:
Stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear, lift weight of panel loading.
May require the following sight capabilities:
- Ability to Adjust Focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
- Depth Perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
Work is conducted in factory environment, in the surrounding vicinity of the factory, and in an office.
- Experience that produced working knowledge of the router machine and ability to run its equipment
- Language: Basic Skills - Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present in one-on-one and small group situations, to customers, clients, and other employees of this organization.
- Mathematical: Minimum Skills - Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume, and distance.
- Critical Reasoning: Basic Skills - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables in standardized situations.
WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Working knowledge of the router machine and ability to run its equipment
- No degree required
- Headquarters / R&D Center - Charlotte, NC
- Taylorsville Plant - Hiddenite, NC
- Ripley Plant - Ripley, MS
- Shannon Plant - Shannon, MS
- Saltillo Plant - Saltillo, MS
- Mantachie Plant - Mantachie, MS