Production Manager -
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Industrial Timber is North America’s largest, leading innovator and producer of furniture infrastructure, with plants throughout the Southeast U.S. IT works with top furniture manufacturers to supply the best designed, most efficient frames available and we are growing fast. We are looking for a Production Manager to assist the Plant Manager in overseeing the manufacture of products by planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating plant resources, along with managing plant staff.
This position is responsible for assisting the Plant Manager in overseeing the manufacture of products by planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating plant resources, along with managing plant staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enforce wearing of required PPE at all times
- Oversee plant flow ensuring that customer demands are met
- Deliver customer-acceptable products by enforcing quality standards
- Maximize equipment operation by developing and scheduling preventive maintenance as well as minimizing change-overs
- Use proper safety procedures
- Ensure plant directives are met by working with all supervisors and leads
- Develop and implement manufacturing strategies that will improve safety, quality and productivity
- Work with leads to ensure maximum material yields in each department as well as ensuring that correct materials are used
This position reports to the Plant Manager.
May require the following actions:
Stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear.
May require the following sight capabilities:
- Ability to Adjust Focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
- Depth Perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
Work is conducted in factory environment, in the surrounding vicinity of the factory, and in an office.
- 6-8 years on the manufacturing floor
- Language: High Skills - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical: Intermediate Skills - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Critical Reasoning: High Skills - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF:
- HS Diploma/GED