WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Industrial Timber is North America’s largest, leading innovator and producer of furniture infrastructure, with plants throughout the Southeast U.S. IT works with top furniture manufacturers to supply the best designed, most efficient frames available and we are growing fast. We are looking for a Puller to pull, stack, and load the proper lumber.
This position is responsible for pulling, stacking, and loading the proper lumber.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pull correct lumber pieces for each buggy by reading ticket
- Check quality of lumber being put in buggy for length, width, and part quality
- Fix loaded parts by using band saw
- Clip rails by using the codes on the ticket
- Wrap buggy with the shrink-wrap
- Load buggy onto the truck
- Report completions of order
- Any other task as assigned by the supervisor or plant manager
This position reports to the Lead Puller.
May require the following actions:
Stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear, lifting or carrying.
May require the following sight capabilities:
- Ability to Adjust Focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
- Depth Perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
Work is conducted in factory environment, in the surrounding vicinity of the factory, and in an office.
- No experience required
- Language: Minimum Skills - Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between a series of numbers. Ability to write and speak simple sentences.
- Mathematical: Minimum Skills - Ability to add and subtract and to multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume, and distance.
- Critical Reasoning: Minimum Skills - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two- step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF:
- No degree required