Router Floater -
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Industrial Timber is North America’s largest, leading innovator and producer of furniture infrastructure, with plants throughout the Southeast U.S. IT works with top furniture manufacturers to supply the best designed, most efficient frames available and we are growing fast. We are looking for an Optimizer Floater to perform a variety of tasks to meet the needs of the Router Lead and Operators.
This position is responsible for performing a variety of tasks to meet the needs of the Router Lead and Operators.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clean filters
- Change bits
- Use PPE and safety procedures
- Clean up work area
- Bring in material as needed
- Assist in training new employees
- Provide back-up to router operators
- Perform preventative maintenance on machines
- Any other task as assigned by the supervisor or plant manager
This position reports to the Router Lead.
May require the following actions:
Stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear.
May require the following sight capabilities:
- Ability to Adjust Focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
- Depth Perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
Work is conducted in factory environment, in the surrounding vicinity of the factory, and in an office.
- No experience necessary
- Language: Minimum Skills - Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between a series of numbers. Ability to write and speak simple sentences.
- Mathematical: Minimum Skills - Ability to add and subtract and to multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume, and distance.
- Critical Reasoning: Minimum Skills - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two- step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF:
- No degree required