R&D Engineer - Headquarters / R&D Center
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Industrial Timber (or Local Furniture Manufacturer) is North America’s largest, leading innovator and producer of furniture infrastructure, with plants throughout the Southeast U.S. IT (or We) work(s) with top furniture manufacturers to supply the best designed, most efficient frames available and we are growing fast. We are currently looking for an ambitious Industrial Engineer to help us plan and design our manufacturing plants to meet growth and performance needs.
The R&D Engineer will use principles of engineering and mathematics, along with CAD and 3-D Modeling, to optimize existing frame designs and plan new ones. This position is key to discovering more efficiency to yield positive results to the company’s bottom line. This individual will become a company expert in frame design and its various features, as well as be a significant resource for ideas in process improvement. We are looking for an ambitious, innovative thinker who will add value to our company through cutting edge, efficient thinking, and help us reinvent the entire furniture framing industry.
The R&D Engineer will work with IT’s (or Company’s) CEO, COO, CFO and plant managers to understand issues and goals, and collaborate on solutions. The position also collaborates with component designers and safety engineers, and will observe manufacturing personnel and processes to fully understand the realities of the operation, including challenges, needs and opportunities. Reports to CEO and COO. This position will also understand and utilize operational and financial data to fuel ideas and improvements, as well as support recommendations.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 3D Modeling
- Strong math skills
- Strong communication skills, including email, reports, and meetings
- Materials handling/supply chain
- Creative skills for process design
- Team assembly environments
- Experience in the Wood industry and/or with CNC machinery & manufacturing a plus
- Organizational systems
- Energy sources, systems and efficiency
- Quality assurance
- Efficiency and optimization planning
- Designing for safety standards and compliance issues
WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Drafting / Drafting Tools
- Microsoft Office
- BS in Engineering or Mathematics required
- Headquarters / R&D Center - Charlotte, NC