Optimizer Sorter -
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Industrial Timber is North America’s largest, leading innovator and producer of furniture infrastructure, with plants throughout the Southeast U.S. IT works with top furniture manufacturers to supply the best designed, most efficient frames available and we are growing fast. We are looking for an Optimizer Sorter to take the cut parts of lumber and sorting them correctly.
This position is responsible for taking the cut parts of lumber and sorting them correctly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Wear required PPE
- Obtain lumber parts off table after they have been cut
- Check them for proper length, width, and quality
- Put the parts into the correct bins
- Ensure work area is clean and safe
- Any other task as assigned by the supervisor or plant manager
This position reports to the Lead Lumber.
May require the following actions:
Stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear, lift/move objects.
May require the following sight capabilities:
- Ability to Adjust Focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
- Depth Perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
Work is conducted in factory environment, in the surrounding vicinity of the factory, and in an office.
- Language: Minimum Skills - Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between a series of numbers. Ability to write and speak simple sentences.
- Mathematical: Minimum Skills - Ability to add and subtract and to multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume, and distance.
- Critical Reasoning: Minimum Skills - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two- step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.