Recovery Specialist -
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Industrial Timber is North America’s largest, leading innovator and producer of furniture infrastructure, with plants throughout the Southeast U.S. IT works with top furniture manufacturers to supply the best designed, most efficient frames available and we are growing fast. We are looking for a Recovery Specialist to be responsible for production and employees on the optimizer machine.
This position is responsible for production and employees on the optimizer machine.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Always wear required PPE
- Follow all safety procedures to operate machine
- Empty all rail and arm buggies that are returned from customer and take empty buggies back to proper department
- All returned lumber must be measured and stored in correct bin, pallet, or rack
- Any lumber with clips that does not have a bin location must be de-clipped before being stored
- All OSB or plywood parts that are to be discarded must be cut down to a size that will not stop our grinder on the bandsaw
- Material designated for disposal must be separated into two categories—material with metal and material without metal
- Any other task as assigned by lead or supervisor
This position reports to the plant manager and oversees Optimizer Feeder and Optimizer Sorter.
May require the following actions:
Stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear, lift/move objects.
May require the following sight capabilities:
- Ability to Adjust Focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
- Depth Perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
Work is conducted in factory environment, in the surrounding vicinity of the factory, and in an office.
- No experience necessary
- Language: Basic Skills - Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present in one-on-one and small group situations, to customers, clients, and other employees of this organization.
- Mathematical: Minimum Skills - Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume, and distance.
- Critical Reasoning: Basic Skills - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables in standardized situations.
WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF:
- No degree required