Chop Saw Operator - Many Locations
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Industrial Timber is North America’s largest, leading innovator and producer of furniture infrastructure, with plants throughout the Southeast U.S. IT works with top furniture manufacturers to supply the best designed, most efficient frames available and we are growing fast. We are looking for a Chop Saw Operator to perform operations on the Chop Saw to cut lumber parts for schedule on requirements to best use the materials.
This position is responsible for performing operations on the Chop Saw to cut lumber parts for schedule on requirements to best use the materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure proper PPE, use of guards, and follows LOTO
- Take safety precautions by checking saw blades and equipment conditions
- Set up machine to cut to appropriate length
- Ensure multiple lengths are always set
- Maximize lumber yield
- Grade out defects in lumber
- Cut accurate quantity
- Maintain accurate records for production
- Clean work area
This position reports to the Router Lead.
May require the following actions:
Stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear.
May require the following sight capabilities:
- Depth Perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
- Ability to Adjust Focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
Work is conducted in factory environment, in the surrounding vicinity of the factory, and in an office.
- No experience necessary
- Language: Minimum Skills - Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between a series of numbers. Ability to write and speak simple sentences.
- Mathematical: Minimum Skills - Ability to add and subtract and to multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume, and distance.
- Critical Reasoning: Minimum Skills - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two- step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF:
- No degree required
- Corporate Headquarters - Tupelo, MS
- Taylorsville Plant - Hiddenite, NC
- Ripley Plant - Ripley, MS
- Array - ,
- Array - ,
- Array - ,