Plant Manager -
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Industrial Timber is North America’s largest, leading innovator and producer of furniture infrastructure, with plants throughout the Southeast U.S. IT works with top furniture manufacturers to supply the best designed, most efficient frames available and we are growing fast. We are looking for an Plant Manager to oversee the manufacture of products by planning, organizing, and evaluating plant resources, along with managing plant staff.
This position is responsible for overseeing the manufacture of products by planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating plant resources, along with managing plant staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Apply manufacturing-style human resource strategies by 1) determining accountabilities, and communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; 2) implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs according to company policies; and 3) planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation strategies and pay structures.
- Develop manufacturing organizational strategies by using manufacturing information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction.
- Establish functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establish manufacturing operational strategies by 1) evaluating manufacturing trends, establishing critical measurements, determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies designing manufacturing systems; 2) accumulating resources; 3) resolving problems; and 4) implementing change, as needed.
- Develop manufacturing financial strategies by 1) estimating, forecasting, and anticipating manufacturing requirements, trends, and variances; 2) aligning monetary resources; 3) developing action plans; 4) measuring and analyzing results; 5) initiating corrective actions; and 6) minimizing the impact of variances.
- Deliver customer-acceptable products by enforcing quality standards.
- Improve quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes.
- Plan operations by collecting relevant information, identifying short-term and long-range issues, determining and assessing options, and choosing a course of action.
- Maximize equipment operation by developing and scheduling preventive maintenance, along with organizing “change-overs.”
- Keep materials available by scheduling, monitoring, and adjusting deliveries.
- Maintains a legal friendly environment by understanding current and proposed regulations, enforcing requirements, and recommending new procedures.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplish manufacturing and organization missions as needed.
This position reports to the President.
May require the following actions:
Stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear.
May require the following sight capabilities:
- Ability to Adjust Focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
- Depth Perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
Work is conducted in factory environment, in the surrounding vicinity of the factory, and in an office.
- 5-10 years in a manufacturing environment
- Language: High Skills - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical: Intermediate Skills - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Critical Reasoning: High Skills - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF:
- HS Diploma/GED