Quality Control Specialist -
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Industrial Timber is North America’s largest, leading innovator and producer of furniture infrastructure, with plants throughout the Southeast U.S. IT works with top furniture manufacturers to supply the best designed, most efficient frames available and we are growing fast. We are looking for Quality Control Specialist to monitor and control the quality of products produced from the Industrial Timber plant.
This position is responsible for monitoring and controlling the quality of products produced from the Industrial Timber plant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with training of quality standards to Plant Associates
- Check parts on buggies for quality and count at Industrial Timber plant
- Keep program books updated
- Perform audits of buggies at customer plants
- Report audit results to the Industrial Timber plant manager
- Interact with customers on quality issues and suggest corrective measures
This position reports to the Plant Manager.
May require the following actions:
Stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear, smell, lift or move objects.
May require the following sight capabilities:
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- Distance Vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
- Peripheral Vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left or right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
- Depth Perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
- Ability to Adjust Focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
Work is conducted in factory environment, in the surrounding vicinity of the factory, and in an office.
- 2-4 years experience in the furniture production industry or equivalent
- Language: Intermediate Skills - bility to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Mathematical: Intermediate Skills - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Critical Reasoning: High Skills - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Interaction: Intermediate Skills - This position requires good people interaction skills and ability to perform all actions in a professional manner.