Router Operator -
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Industrial Timber is North America’s largest, leading innovator and producer of furniture infrastructure, with plants throughout the Southeast U.S. IT works with top furniture manufacturers to supply the best designed, most efficient frames available and we are growing fast. We are looking for an Router Operator to be responsible for continuing operations on the Router machine.
This position is responsible for properly marking and feeding lumber into the Optimizer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Home out the machines
- Ensure safety measures and PPE are performed
- Clean up work area
- Perform basic oil/lube is applied as necessary
- Ensure all guards are used
- Enter the required programs
- Load plywood on table
- Stack parts on the buggy or pallet
- Read schedule and cut the required amounts
- Match tickets to the parts cut and check for proper quantity
- Check program book to ensure correct program is being used and all parts are on the buggy or pallet
- Check plywood for correct thickness
- Check tickets and schedule for product (OSB on plywood)
- Any other task as assigned by the supervisor or plant manager
- Ability to Adjust Focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
- Depth Perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
- No experience necessary
- Language: Minimum Skills - Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between a series of numbers. Ability to write and speak simple sentences.
- Mathematical: Minimum Skills - Ability to add and subtract and to multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume, and distance.
- Critical Reasoning: Minimum Skills - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two- step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- No degree required
This position reports to the Lead Router.
May require the following actions:
Stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear, lift weight of panels, twist/turn.
May require the following sight capabilities:
Work is conducted in factory environment, in the surrounding vicinity of the factory, and in an office.