Shipping Crew - Many Locations
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Industrial Timber is North America’s largest, leading innovator and producer of furniture infrastructure, with plants throughout the Southeast U.S. IT works with top furniture manufacturers to supply the best designed, most efficient frames available and we are growing fast. We are looking for a Shipping Crew person to ensure that all items shipped are properly documented, packaged, and loaded and that communication is made to the Shift Supervisor or Plant Manager of any disputed quantity.
This position must ensure that all items shipped are properly documented, packaged, and loaded and that communication is made to the Shift Supervisor or Plant Manager of any disputed quantity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Package parts and pallets with suitable pack materials
- Log out all items
- Use proper safety precautions when using forklift
- Ensure accurate record-keeping
This position reports to the Shipping Lead.
May require the following actions:
Stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear, smell, lift or move objects.
May require the following sight capabilities:
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- Distance Vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
- Peripheral Vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left or right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
- Depth Perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
- Ability to Adjust Focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
Work is conducted in factory environment, in the surrounding vicinity of the factory, and in an office.
- 1-3 years of of basic manufacturing experience
- Language: Intermediate Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Mathematical: Basic Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Critical Reasoning: Intermediate Skills - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF:
- No degree required
- Corporate Headquarters - Tupelo, MS
- Taylorsville Plant - Hiddenite, NC
- Ripley Plant - Ripley, MS
- Array - ,
- Array - ,
- Array - ,